This is a blog I made for my creative acts class. You're welcome, internet.

Monday, October 7, 2013

Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling.

It is currently 7:49 and I am staring at the same 3 pages of complete schlock that I've had since I threw out the last three pages of schlock. There is no story. I'd write the Thomas Mann quote about it but then I'd end up distracting myself. All I can do is write and I can't even do that. Why am I here? Every facet of the day points to the increasingly unavoidable possibility that college is a mistake. I can't afford this shit. What's the point? I'm not here to be anything. I have a plethora of unrealistic goals. That's all I've ever had. Why can't it be simple? Doesn't everyone know that it's all a big scam? Let's just all get up tomorrow and blow each other's brains out. Hunt for food and all that dumb hippie shit. We'll practice free love and die of AIDS. I am not good at this college thing, man. How many posts are even supposed to be on this blog, anyway? I'll end up failing every class. What then. What can I do. Where is the escape button. Fuck it, Dude. Let's go bowling.

I'll write three more pages of shit and listen to the class chew it out Wednesday. Half of them won't have even read it. They'll go off of the first two things people say. I'll listen to them on the elevator talk about how clever they are. These are the future leaders of our nation. They'll do a great job. I'll look up from my cardboard box and see their faces on a billboard, smiling down on me. If you will it, Dude, it is no dream.

Eh. Fuck it.

No comments:

Post a Comment